Free Consultation-- I will learn about you, your labor and delivery goals. You will learn about how I can support you to achieve them.
First Prenatal Visit-- A deep dive into your goals and what you can do during pregnancy to prepare for them, can include help with the birth plan, or review of the birth plan.
Second Prenatal Visit-- A labor practice session! Practice laboring positions, visualizations and other tools that will help you achieve your goals.
Text/Phone Support throughout pregnancy-- I'm only a text or a phone call away from the time you hire me! I will respond within 24 hours to non-emergent texts and phone calls. Sometimes when we are pregnant we just need that reassuring response telling us everything is OK-- or that nudge to call the doctor, just in case!
* These visits can be tailored to YOUR FAMILY's NEEDS!!
24/7 on call support during the third trimester
A tailored approach to YOUR NEEDS
Available to meet you at home during early stages of labor, or can meet you at your birthing place
Help with setting up the laboring space
Physical support during contractions--guidance with positions, massage
A calm, steady presence
Support for the partner perhaps the partner needs a breath of fresh air, or a sandwich or a coffee. Perhaps they just need reassurance that what is happening is within the range of normal.
An extra set of hands during labor AND delivery
Immediate Lactation Support
As a Certified Lactation Counselor (CLC) I can stay for 1-2 hours following the delivery of the baby to help mom and baby work together to get off to the best start possible. This initial consultation is included in the Doula fee.
- One visit after you have returned home
- You can spend time talking about your birth experience
- I can provide a written copy of the birth from my perspective, if desired
- Additional lactation support can be provided at this visit
- I will bring a meal for your family at this visit
Collaboration with Caryn Slocum
- An agreement with Caryn of Centered Child Birthing Services to support one another in order to provide great care to all of our clients. Sometimes emergencies happen. You don't want your doula to come to your birth if she is sick with the flu, but you DO want support during your labor. This is where Caryn comes in. If there is an emergency which prevents me from providing the support you need during labor and delivery, she will be there.
- The opportunity to meet Caryn during one of the prenatal appointments
- The option to text both doulas during the 3rd trimester so that both of us are up-to-date
- The assurance that you will receive the support you need, regardless of my personal situation
*Caryn also teaches child birth education classes and offers Reiki services to anyone interested!